Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a cookbook totaled Diabetic Cooking that I received in the recent cookbook swap 2011.
Make and share this Lemon Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders (cut into 1 1/2inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup carrot (matchstick size strips)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel (grated)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 ounces snow pea pods (frozen and thawed)
- 3 cups cooked rice (hot)
- 1⁄3 cup cashews (chopped)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot and add chicken; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the centre.
- Add mushrooms, green onions and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute or until vegetables are tender and add carrots, chicken broth,k sherry, sugar and lemon peel; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more.
- combine lemon juice, cornstarch and pepper in small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Pour cornstarch mixture over chicken; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add snow peas; cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with cashews.
Very good! This is a very unique stir fry, no soy! Loved the lemon flavor....I added a bit more lemon zest and increased the amount of vegetables a little bit. Enjoyed this very much! Thanks for another delicious recipe Pat! Made for Market tag game.
***MADE FOR PAC FALL 2011*** This was yummy!!! I omitted mushrooms, otherwise made as directed. I served this over brown rice, and it was great. Thanks, I'm Pat for another great recipe!!