1/1 Photo of Lemon Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
From a cookbook totaled Diabetic Cooking that I received in the recent cookbook swap 2011.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders (cut into 1 1/2inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 1/4 cup green onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup carrot (matchstick size strips)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel (grated)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 ounces snow pea pods (frozen and thawed)
- 3 cups cooked rice (hot)
- 1/3 cup cashews (chopped)
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot and add chicken; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the centre.
- 2Add mushrooms, green onions and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute or until vegetables are tender and add carrots, chicken broth,k sherry, sugar and lemon peel; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 3combine lemon juice, cornstarch and pepper in small bowl; stir until smooth.
- 4Pour cornstarch mixture over chicken; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 5Add snow peas; cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through.
- 6Serve over rice and sprinkle with cashews.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 152.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
snow pea pods