Recipe by Sharon123
These make great appetizers for a party or a first course for dinner, or a yummy snack. You could put these in the lunch box too! Adapted from Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
My sister made these for our Easter Brunch and they are great. I love capers and lemon so knew this would be great. I did add some chopped peppercini and sprinkled with paparika when finsihed and they looked great and tasted better. Differant from the usual deviled eggs.
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1⁄4 small onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped (if using salt packed capers, soak in a little milk and drain)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- hot sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise (just enough to bind)
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the rounded ends off the eggs, scoop out the yolks into a bowl, and stand the hard bouled egg whits upright in the egg carton. If you wish to serve the eggs on a platter, trim a small piece of the egg off the pointed ends so they will stand upright.
- Break the egg yolks up a little bit using a fork. Grate the garlic into the egg yolks, then grate about 2 tbls. of onion juice into the bowl. add the capers, 1 tsp of lemon zest, the juice of the lemon, a few dashes of hot sauce, the mayonnaise, pepper, and half of the parsley. Mash until smooth and check seasonings, adjusting if necessary.
- Fill the egg whites, overstuffing them a little. Garnish with the remaining parsley. Enjoy!