Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We love hummus and we love easy appetizers. This fits the bill on both accounts.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Drain and rinse beans well. In a food processor, combine all ingredients except parsley. Process on high until texture is very smooth and creamy. Pulse in parsley. Adjust ingredient amounts to suit your taste; this is a very forgiving recipe and amounts do not need to be exact. Place in covered bowl and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with warm pita bread, pita chips and assorted vegetables cut to dipping size (carrots, bell peppers, onions, etc.).
I love hummus, so I was excited to try a variation using white beans. This dip is so delicious. I like to serve my dips/hummus' with fried eggplant. They pair so well together. I generously spread the dip on toasted bread, layer it with fried eggplant, shredded deli chicken and fresh spinach leaves - great lunch time meal. I would definitely recommend this dip. It's awesome. I will post the photo soon. I made this for PAC 2013