Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
A twist off of the Italian version with white wine. I learned from my best friend in elementary school and was obsessed to make my own version. I am a lemon nut so the lemon juice amount all depends on person, but I like it TART! Very yummy with or without sauce as my kids say, I have never tried.
- Preheat frying pan with the butter over low heat.
- Add chicken.
- Put garlic salt, salt and pepper and wait 1-2 minutes and turn over.
- Add more garlic salt, salt and pepper and cover .
- Cook slowly checking frequently and turning over until cooked thoroughly and browned nicely.
- In meantime put lemon juice, water, capers, flour, salt, pepper, garlic salt in bowl and mix until flour has no bumps and mixture is smooth as you can get it.
- Take chicken out of pan and add juice mixture mixing constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour over chicken, I serve with baked potato and broccoli.
- The best meal in the world!