Recipe by Mark Grams
The perfect recipe for an intimate dinner.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
I loved the whole wheat flour used in this recipe. I left out the shallots as I didn't have any and cut the recipe to one chicken breast for the two of use using all of the sauce ingredients. Just excellent and one I will make again. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thinly-sliced thinly-sliced boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons whole wheat flour, divided
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pat chicken breasts with paper towels to thoroughly dry. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then lightly coat with flour, using about 1 tsp for each breast.
- Lay chicken in skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, gently pressing down on breast to ensure equal browning. Reduce heat to medium. Turn breasts; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove breasts to a serving platter.
- Reduce heat to low; add shallots and capers to skillet. Cook 30 seconds, stirring. Add broth and juice, cook 1 minute, until incorporated and thickened, stirring. Stir in parsley, pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.