1/1 Photo of Lemon Cake Roll
Chris from Kansas's Note:
This is a light dessert from Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and smooth.
- 2Add water.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture just until moistened.
- 4Line a greased 15X10 inch baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper.
- 5Spread batter evenly in pan.
- 6Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center.
- 7Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- 8Turn cake out onto a kitchen towel.
- 9Gently peel off the waxed paper.
- 10Beginning with short side, roll up cake, jelly roll style.
- 11Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 12For filling, in a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, egg, water and lemon juice.
- 13Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- 14Cook and stir 1 minute longer until thickened.
- 15Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 16Unroll cake; spread cooled filling to within 1 inch of edges.
- 17Roll up again.
- 18Cover and chill for 1-2 hours before serving.
- 19Sprinkle with powedered sugar before serving, if desired.
- 20Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cake Roll
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.9
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 123.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g