- 9 inches pie crusts
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs yolks; add lemon juice and rind.
- Mix sugar, flour and salt; add milk beat well; add melted butter and beat again.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add to first mixture and fold in carefully. Pour into the pie crust.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400*, then reduce to 275* and continue to bake1 hr to 1 hr 15 minutes or until golden brown and only slightly jiggly in center.