1/13 Photos of Lemon Cake Pie
1 hr 10 mins
From Sunset cookbook. I love this! It's my favorite pie. You get a lemon curd on the bottom and a thin lemon cake on the top but it pours into the pie crust all mixed up! Please use fresh squeezed lemon juice. If you love lemon desserts, you'll love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust, I use Marie Callender's frozen. No need to defrost. No need to prebake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel, I usually add more
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, please use fresh
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups milk, I use 2%
- 1Put rack on lowest position in oven.
- 2Preheat oven to 375.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter and sugar.
- 4Stir in flour, salt, lemon peel and lemon juice.
- 5In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with milk until well blended, stir into lemon mixture.
- 6In another medium sized bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until they hold distinct but moist peaks. Gently fold egg whites into lemon mixture. (Don't mix it too much.).
- 7Pour filling into pie crust.
- 8I always end up with more filling than will fit in the pie crust so I put it in a couple ceramic rammekins and cook it along with the pie.
- 9Bake on the lowest rack of the oven until the top is browned and the center jiggles only slightly when pan is gently shaken (45-55 minutes). If the crust begins to brown excessively, drape it with foil.
- 10Let cool before serving. But it's good warm too!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cake Pie
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 233.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g