Kay Demonbren's Note:
This recipe came from Wilton. It's one of the fillings I used in my daughter's first birthday cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the sugar, cornstarch and salt together in a small saucepan.
- 2Add water and whisk until blended.
- 3Whisk in egg yolks, lemon zest and juice.
- 4Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until thick and bubbling.
- 5Boil for 1 minute; then remove from the heat.
- 6After removing from the heat, gently stir in the butter.
- 7Cool to room temperature without further stirring.
- 8Fills one 8- inch layer.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cake Filling
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 854.5
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 408.1 mg
- Sodium 392.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 170.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 151.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g