Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from Wilton. It's one of the fillings I used in my daughter's first birthday cake.
Make and share this Lemon Cake Filling recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the sugar, cornstarch and salt together in a small saucepan.
- Add water and whisk until blended.
- Whisk in egg yolks, lemon zest and juice.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until thick and bubbling.
- Boil for 1 minute; then remove from the heat.
- After removing from the heat, gently stir in the butter.
- Cool to room temperature without further stirring.
- Fills one 8- inch layer.
Yummy Yummy. Thank You ! I used as filling & topping for white cake mix. Then covered with whipped cream and topped with berries. My coworkers loved the fresh taste it added to regular cake mix. I'm making it again for tonights family gathering/dinner. (I did not make any changes in your recipe)