1/1 Photo of Lemon Cake Custard
I love lemon desserts at the end of the meal. This is a nice creamy finish to any meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate eggs and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2In a large bowl, combine 1/2 c sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the milk, lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Beat egg yolks; add to lemon mixture.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 2 tbsp at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold into lemon mixture.
- 4Spoon into six greased 8 oz. ramekins.
- 5Place in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan. Add 1 inch hot water to pan, careful to not get it inside the ramekins.
- 6Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 7Serve immediately or chill.
- 8Garnish with a mint sprig and a curl of lemon rind or if chilled, with a spoonfull raspberry sauce and a dollop whipped topping or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cake Custard
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.0
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.0 mg
- Sodium 184.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g