In the kitchen cookin's Note:
Store bought lemon cake is not moist enough and never had enough lemon flavor for me. After reviewing a few recipes I came up with this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix (I prefer Duncan Hines Supreme Lemon)
- 1 (15 ounce) can lemon pie filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon, zest of, grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (or to suit your taste)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon cream (enough to make it spreadable)
- 1Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 9X13 cake pan or use Pam for Baking.
- 3Dump all cake ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- 4Bake for 3 minutes or until toothpick plunged into the center of cake comes out clean.
- 5Cool cake completely . Prepare frosting and glaze while cake cools).
- 6Frosting: Dump all ingredients into bowl and mix till you reach a spreadable texture. (I like mine a little thick.).
- 7Spread on cake.
- 8Glaze: Mix all ingredients for glaze.
- 9Spread on top of frosting.
- 10Refridgerate cake for at least 2 hours before ready to serve.
- 11Place 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel and 1 halved slice of lemon in the center of the cake for garnish.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.9
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 365.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 48.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pie filling
lemons, zest of