Recipe by Erin K. Brown
This is the moistest cake I've ever had, the jello in the mix is the trick. Got this recipe from my Mom's cousin, Linda Ashley.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix (Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 10x13 pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes - no longer!
- While cooling, blend together last 3 ingredients until smooth.
- Prick top of cake with fork tines (to allow glaze to penetrate the cake).
- Pour glaze over in spoonfuls allowing it to soak inches.