Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the moistest cake I've ever had, the jello in the mix is the trick. Got this recipe from my Mom's cousin, Linda Ashley.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix (Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 10x13 pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes - no longer!
- While cooling, blend together last 3 ingredients until smooth.
- Prick top of cake with fork tines (to allow glaze to penetrate the cake).
- Pour glaze over in spoonfuls allowing it to soak inches.