Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A Lily and Ian favorite
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Make cake batter with the jello, oil, eggs and lemon extract.
- Bake @ 350 for 35 min in a large cake pan.
- While the cake is cooking prepare the frosting mixture with the powdered sugar mixed with the juice of 3 lemons or 6 Tablespoon of lemon juice.
- When done, poke cake full of holes with a fork, and drizzle frosting mixture all over the cake.
This cake was great. Very lemony but not to intense. The glaze was great also. I made some of Ice Cool Kitty's candied lemons as garnish and it looked wonderful. Thanks for posting!