1 hr 15 mins
A simple but good lemony cake. This cake uses cake flour which isn't the same thing as all-purpose flour. Source: Bon Appetit Oct 1984.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Butter a loaf pan (6-cup); set aside.
- 3Using a food processor and the steel knife, combine first 3 ingredients (flour - salt) and process for 3 seconds. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- 4Using the food processor and same steel knife process sugar and lemon peel until peel is minced (20 seconds).
- 5Add eggs and process one minute, scrapping down work bowl. Add butter and process one more minute.
- 6Spoon reserved dry ingredients to work bowl and process using 2 on/off turns. Run spatula along sides to incorporate all dry ingredients and process using 1 or 2 on/off turns.
- 7Transfer to prepared pan.
- 8Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes clean.
- 9Cool in pan for 5 minutes and insert onto rack, turning right side up.
- 10To make icing, mix powedered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Brush on top and sides of hot cake.
- 11Cool completely.
- 12Cake can be prepared 3 days ahead of time, wrapped tightly and stored at room temperature or can be frozen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cake
Serving Size: 1 (825 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3115.9
- Calories from Fat 1393
- Total Fat 154.8 g
- Saturated Fat 92.3 g
- Cholesterol 1000.5 mg
- Sodium 1850.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 403.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 237.2 g
- Protein 37.5 g