Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Best Lemon Cake EVER!!
- 1 cup butter (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, plus
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (divided(Squeeze some of the juice from the lemon, then add the rest of the lemon juice)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Beat 1/2 cup of butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Shift flour, baking soda and salt together and add alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan, bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Mix remaining butter with confectioners' sugar until creamy.
- Add remaining lemon rind and enough lemon juice to give pouring consistency.
- Pour over warm cake.
Not a good cake at all. Taste like cornbread. The recipe is not very clear either. It is missing somethings. Not good, Not good.