Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love a slice of cake with a cup of tea, and this is a really simple one with a deliciously tart lemon flavour. It slices really good as well.
- 120 g butter, room temperature
- 175 g caster sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs, beaten, room temperature
- 120 ml sour cream
- 120 ml lemon juice
- 350 g self raising flour
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Beat together the butter, sugar and lemon rind, using an electric whisk, until smooth and light. Beat in the eggs, soured cream and lemon juice.
- Sift over the flour and fold in with a metal spoon. Spoon into a greased and lined 20cm cake tin and bake for 40 minutes until firm and spring to touch. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
- Slice and serve warm with cream as a dessert, or completely and serve with a nice cup of tea.