Recipe by Stardustannie
Yum...this is a family favourite served with steamed rice.
Top Review by Denise M.
I've been making Asian food for 20 years, and this is one of easiest and tastiest recipes ever! I followed the recipe exactly, but we added Sambal Olek while eating to add a touch of heat to the delicious lemon flavor! Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for the recipe, which will be used over and over in our home.
- 500 g chicken breasts, Cut Into Thin Strips
- 1 large red capsicum, Sliced
- 1 large green capsicum, Sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 22.18 ml cajun seasoning
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- 177.44 ml water
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml butter (optional)
- 29.58 ml cornflour (cornstarch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken strips with seasoning.
- Heat 1/2 peanut oil in wok and stir fry chicken in batches till browned and cooked through, remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok and stirfry onion, halfway through cooking add capsicum and remove all vegetables from wok.
- Sauce:Mix ingredients together, add to wok and heat till thickened.
- Add chicken and vegetables,tossing till coated well with sauce and heated through.