Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yum...this is a family favourite served with steamed rice.
Make and share this Lemon Cajun Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g chicken breasts, Cut Into Thin Strips
- 1 large red capsicum, Sliced
- 1 large green capsicum, Sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- Coat chicken strips with seasoning.
- Heat 1/2 peanut oil in wok and stir fry chicken in batches till browned and cooked through, remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok and stirfry onion, halfway through cooking add capsicum and remove all vegetables from wok.
- Sauce:Mix ingredients together, add to wok and heat till thickened.
- Add chicken and vegetables,tossing till coated well with sauce and heated through.
Delicious! The lemon and cajun flavours worked very well together and it was much enojoyed along with a little steamed rice.
This recipe is amazing! I joined Zaar in order to give it the 5 stars it deserves! I double the sauce ingredients, except the sugar (which I leave at 1/4 cup) and the cornflour (which I make 2 1/2 tablespoons). It is a winner with everybody - spicy, tangy AND sweet!
it tastes great! the sauce is kind of like the lemon chicken sauce served in chinese restaurants. yum! will be making this again. adjust the sugar to your taste! i personally don't like the sauce too sweet. =)