Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yum...this is a family favourite served with steamed rice.
- 500 g chicken breasts, Cut Into Thin Strips
- 1 large red capsicum, Sliced
- 1 large green capsicum, Sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- Coat chicken strips with seasoning.
- Heat 1/2 peanut oil in wok and stir fry chicken in batches till browned and cooked through, remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok and stirfry onion, halfway through cooking add capsicum and remove all vegetables from wok.
- Sauce:Mix ingredients together, add to wok and heat till thickened.
- Add chicken and vegetables,tossing till coated well with sauce and heated through.
I've been making Asian food for 20 years, and this is one of easiest and tastiest recipes ever! I followed the recipe exactly, but we added Sambal Olek while eating to add a touch of heat to the delicious lemon flavor! Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for the recipe, which will be used over and over in our home.
Delicious! The lemon and cajun flavours worked very well together and it was much enojoyed along with a little steamed rice.
This recipe is amazing! I joined Zaar in order to give it the 5 stars it deserves! I double the sauce ingredients, except the sugar (which I leave at 1/4 cup) and the cornflour (which I make 2 1/2 tablespoons). It is a winner with everybody - spicy, tangy AND sweet!