Recipe by banyutka
This is traditional recipe of my family
Top Review by lpressey
theses are sooo good!!!! i replaced garbonzo beans in place of beef......and for the gravy..I made my own ....1Tb. melted butter in sauce pan...stir in 1/8 c. flour till blended,over low heat... add a can of chix broth..bring to boil...then simmer till thickened!!! then the 2t. of lemon juice... it's awesome!!!!!
- 6 cabbage leaves
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta (about 2 ounces) or 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) package chicken gravy mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover cabbage leaves with boiling water. Cook and stir ground beef, onin and garlic over medium heat until beef is light brown; drain.
- Stir rice, parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, the lemon pepper, cinnamon, oregano, 1 1/2 cups water and cheese into beef. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350. Dry cabbage leaves; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mound 1/2 cup filling at stem end of each cabbage leaf. Roll, folding in sides; fasten with wooden picks. Place in ungreased baking dish. Pour 1 cup water over cabbage rolls. Cover and bake 30 minutes; drain. Spoon hot Lemon Sauce over cabbage rolls; garnish with parsley.
- LEMON SAUCE.
- mix 1 package (about 1 ounce) chicken gravy mix, 3/4 cup water and 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.