Recipe by Juenessa
This sorbet is creamy and lemony. If you like lemon-flavored desserts--you should really like this one!
Top Review by daisy M
Good way to use lemons and buttermilk. I used abt 2/3 cup of lemon juice , low fat buttermilk and the given 1.5 cups sugar. The buttermilk flavor seemed strong the first day but was less noticeable after.
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir sugar, lemon juice and peel in medium bowl.
- Add buttermilk; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Chill until cold, about 4 hours.
- Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to container with lid; freeze.
- (Can be made 3 days ahead. Keep frozen.)
- **I estimated the freezer time, after it is made in the ice cream maker, at 3 hours. It just depends on you frig and how frozen you want the sorbet. I did not include the actual time to make in the ice cream maker, as each one is different.