Recipe by Chef mariajane
The difference between shakes and smoothies is all in the fruit. Stay true to ice cream, sorbets and syrups and you have a shake!!
Top Review by dtrefz_8278729
This is a great summer dessert. It is cool and sweet with the tartness of buttermilk appearing on the scene following the sweetness of the ice cream and honey. Many guests have given great reviews of this shake.
- 1⁄2 cup cold buttermilk (whole or low-fat)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened until just melty at the edges (original or vanilla bean)
- 2 cups lemon sorbet, softened until just melty at the edges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine buttermilk and honey. Blend for 25 seconds.
- Add Ice cream and sorbet, then pulse several times to begin breaking them up. With blender off, use a silicone spatula to mash mixture onto blades.
- Continue pulsing and stoppng to mash until mixture is thick, smooth and moves easily in blender, about 1 minute.