Recipe by Nisa
My mother found this recipe from a newspaper around 10 years ago but she never tried it out, so I decided to try it out,and it was a really delicious cake,is not too dry are too moist, just right,top with icing of your choice.
Top Review by anniek36
I bake for a living decided to try this recipe for one of my customers He loved it!! I did up the sugar a bit and used just pure vanilla extract! the texture was great very moist and I agree tastes better the following day! this is a keeper!!
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour baking soda.
- Put butter and sugar into mixing bowl, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one by one.
- (mixture may look a little curdled) Add in buttermilk alternatively with flour mixture.
- Add in vanilla,lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Pour into greased 12" baking pan, Bake for 45 minute.
- or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.