Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
I love lemons and blueberry anything mixed together.
Lemon Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
Ten-Minute Blueberry Sauce
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter, and lemon zest.
- Pour liquid ingredients into flour mixture and whisk until just combined-a few lumps are OK.
- Lightly coat a griddle or nonstick skillet with oil. Heat to medium-high and spoon 1/4 cup batter for each pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles form on top and batter is set-about 2-3 minutes. Top with Ten-Minute Blueberry Sauce and fresh blueberries if desired.
- In a medium saucepan, combine berries, sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, and cinnamon over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until berries begin to pop, about 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, completely dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water. Add to berry mixture, increase heat, and boil sauce for 1 minute. Let cool before serving. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.