Lemon Buttermilk Pancakes With Blueberry Sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter, and lemon zest.
- Pour liquid ingredients into flour mixture and whisk until just combined-a few lumps are OK.
- Lightly coat a griddle or nonstick skillet with oil. Heat to medium-high and spoon 1/4 cup batter for each pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles form on top and batter is set-about 2-3 minutes. Top with Ten-Minute Blueberry Sauce and fresh blueberries if desired.
- In a medium saucepan, combine berries, sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, and cinnamon over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until berries begin to pop, about 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, completely dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon water. Add to berry mixture, increase heat, and boil sauce for 1 minute. Let cool before serving. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.