Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
sure to put you in good humor.
Make and share this Lemon Buttermilk Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from 10 lemons)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups whole milk
- combine sugar and lemon in a large bowl, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- add remaining ingredients.
- pour into the freezer container of your ice cream maker, and follow manufacturer's directions.
- when done spoon into a freezer safe container and freeze 1 hour until firm.
Fantastic summer time dessert. Tart and sweet and creamy. I added some lemon zest from the fresh lemons to boost the lemon factor even more. Delicious! We froze it in an ice cream maker to a soft-serve consistency. Will be making this often during the warm months.
I made this for my son's birthday party and it was a huge hit. I had to scale down the recipe so it would fit in my 1.5 quart ice cream maker. I used the juice of 3 limes and one lemon and it was wonderful; the buttermilk really complimented the tang of the lemon and lime. Adults and children all really liked it and my sister in law now wants an ice cream maker so she can make it. I also added a couple of drops of green food coloring to give it a pale green color. Thanks for sharing this recipe--I will definitely make this again and again.
I made this ice cream for a neighborehood gathering, and combined it with chocolate brownies, everyone wanted the recipe, and both of my kids loved it, and they are quite picky! Definatley an amazing summer treat! Loved it will be making it alot!