Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have not made this recipe.
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons lemons, zest of
- In a small heavy saucepan whisk together the yolks, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 175°F, about 15 minutes, (don't boil).
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl and cool, surface covered with plastic wrap.
- Whisk buttermilk and zest into cooled lemon curd until combined well.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker.