Recipe by Terese
This chicken dish turns out deliciously moist. Enjoy (prep time includes marinade time)
Top Review by Debbb
Both the chicken & the dip had excellent flavour. But, the coating did not stay on the chicken for me. It was the strangest thing - it was almost like the chicken expanded in the frying pan & the coating cracked & fell off.
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- oil (for frying)
For the marinade
- 500 ml buttermilk
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in a deep dish.
- Add chicken and marinate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Combine the crumb ingredients.
- Drain chicken from marinade and press into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add chicken and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with 1/2 cup mayonnaise mixed with the juice of 2 limes and 2 tablespoons olive oil.