Prep 3 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This chicken dish turns out deliciously moist. Enjoy (prep time includes marinade time)
- 1 kg chicken breast fillet
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- oil (for frying)
For the marinade
- 500 ml buttermilk
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Combine marinade ingredients in a deep dish.
- Add chicken and marinate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Combine the crumb ingredients.
- Drain chicken from marinade and press into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add chicken and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with 1/2 cup mayonnaise mixed with the juice of 2 limes and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Both the chicken & the dip had excellent flavour. But, the coating did not stay on the chicken for me. It was the strangest thing - it was almost like the chicken expanded in the frying pan & the coating cracked & fell off.
I loved the idea of this but I baked mine in the oven & it didn't really turn out as hoped. It was quite dry, possibly not the recipes fault as I didn't follow thr directions for cooking so not posting with stars just a comment. Thanks for posting anyway, is always nice to try something new even if it doesn't work sometimes!!
Nice taste with the surprise of the lemon shining through. I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and baked them at 375 for about 35 minutes. I breaded the chicken and then sprinkled on the seasoning and shredded parmesan cheese. It sticks to the dish so best to spray the dish or use release aluminum foil.