Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from Scott Peacock, chef at the Horseradish Grill in Atlanta, Georgia. I was browsing through my books and found this in "Official Guide to Atlanta and the Olympic Summer Games."
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted,cooled
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, cornmeal, flour and salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs thoroughly.
- Add sugar mixture; mix well.
- Add melted butter, lemon zest and juice, buttermilk and vanilla to egg mixture, mixing to blend thoroughly after each addition to prevent lumping.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell; bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and custard is set.
- Remove pie to rack; cool completely.
- Sprinkle top with confectioners' sugar and garnish each serving with whipped cream.