Blue Peacock's Note:
This recipe comes from Scott Peacock, chef at the Horseradish Grill in Atlanta, Georgia. I was browsing through my books and found this in "Official Guide to Atlanta and the Olympic Summer Games."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted,cooled
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, combine sugar, cornmeal, flour and salt.
- 3In another bowl, beat eggs thoroughly.
- 4Add sugar mixture; mix well.
- 5Add melted butter, lemon zest and juice, buttermilk and vanilla to egg mixture, mixing to blend thoroughly after each addition to prevent lumping.
- 6Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell; bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and custard is set.
- 7Remove pie to rack; cool completely.
- 8Sprinkle top with confectioners' sugar and garnish each serving with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Buttermilk Chess Pie
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 193.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g