Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
makes 12 moist cupcakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350*.Line muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine buttermilk, lemon zest and vanilla.set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter till light and fluffy, on high speed, beat in egg then egg yolk, lower speed to low, beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, just till blended.
- spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake till tops are golden and springy.about 20-22 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes in muffin tins on wire rack.
I made these cupcakes the other day and they are very good. I am testing out cupcakes to make for my friend's bridal shower and these are most likely the winner! I added the zest of 2 lemons and about 2 t. of lemon juice. I baked them for 20 minutes and frosted them with lemon cream cheese icing. The ONLY reason I am giving you 4 stars is because you left out the sugar in the directions but I assumed to beat it with the butter and I added more lemon zest out of personal preference. Besides that this is a really great recipe. They turn out so fluffy and tender. Thanks for sharing.