Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nothing can describe these, they are wonderful. My guys always have these with fresh blueberries, I like them plain but have done then with strawberries and raspberries. The work equally well with any berry. From a travelers website.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- blueberries (or other berry)
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt and soda.
- Whisk buttermilk, sour cream, butter and egg yolks.
- Stir in vanilla and zest.
- Whisk milk mixture into flour.
- Let batter rest about 15 minutes.
- Beat 2 egg whites into soft peaks and fold into batter.
- Use about ¼ cup per pancake and drop on preheated griddle or frying pan.
- Cook completely on one side.
- Sprinkle on a few berries then turn to finish cooking.
Laurie is right, these pancakes are wonderful! The addition the the sour cream and lemon zest put these pancakes over the top! I served with fresh blueberries and real Canadian maple syrup and a side of sausage. Thank you for the fantastic breakfast this morning, Laurie!
Oh, delish! Thank you!
Amazingly good! These easily equaled or beat the sour cream pancakes we had at a fancy brunch. Great fluffy, tender texture, and wonderful sweet, lemony flavor. I made them with fresh blueberries and used 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour and 3/4 cup of white flour. My husband can't stop raving.