Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These go great with the Pink Lemonade Cupcakes.
Make and share this Lemon Buttercream Icing recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add Lemon juice and zest; beat well.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- When all sugar has been mixed in, if icing is dry, add additional juice or milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Re-whip before using.