Recipe by PrincessPage
This is so very lemony, just sweet enough.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Lovely, lovely frosting! So lemony, and it whipped up beautifully for a buttercream. I really liked the look of the white frosting with the little yellow flecks of lemon zest, too. I didn't have any half and half, so I just used heavy cream instead. I only needed to add about half of the cream, probably because it was so warm in my kitchen. I was planning on making some lemon cupcakes to use this on, but I need to wait until it isn't quite so hot in the house before I turn the oven on. I'll post a photo once I get the cupcakes made and frosted. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2012
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 -6 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter on medium speed of an electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients, except half and half.
- Mix on medium speed, while slowly adding the cream until desired consistancy is reached. Mix for 3 to 5 minutes on meduim.
- This will set when chilled.