Recipe by mollypaul
A delicious offering from an old Family Circle cookbook.
Top Review by Halcyon Eve
Delicious & simple frosting recipe. I was out of yellow food coloring, but I'd recommend it--it was a pretty plain off-white color. Yellow would have been so much prettier. This made plenty to generously cover a 12-cup bundt cake. It was a little on the stiff side, so have a little extra lemon juice or milk on hand in case you need it. Thanks for sharing, Molly!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not spread or tub product) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (not spread or tub product)
- 1 (1 lb) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 dash salt
- Beat butter or margarine until soft in a medium sized bowl.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar alternately with lemon rind, salt lemon juice, and milk.
- Continue beating until smooth and spreadable.