Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious offering from an old Family Circle cookbook.
Make and share this Lemon Buttercream Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not spread or tub product) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (not spread or tub product)
- 1 (1 lb) package confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 dash salt
- Beat butter or margarine until soft in a medium sized bowl.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar alternately with lemon rind, salt lemon juice, and milk.
- Continue beating until smooth and spreadable.
Delicious & simple frosting recipe. I was out of yellow food coloring, but I'd recommend it--it was a pretty plain off-white color. Yellow would have been so much prettier. This made plenty to generously cover a 12-cup bundt cake. It was a little on the stiff side, so have a little extra lemon juice or milk on hand in case you need it. Thanks for sharing, Molly!
Wonderful frosting - tastes like you are eating lemonade! At first this didn't seem to have the intense lemony flavor I was hoping for and it seemed too grainy. However, when I served the cake the next day it was smoother and had a nice lemon flavor. I also grated more lemon rind and sprinkled the top of the cake with it for decoration and flavor which was nice. I used it to frost a double layer 9 inch cake and there wasn't quite enough. The frosting is so sweet though I think next time I'll use a lemon filling in the middle and this frosting on the top and sides.
This recipe is awesome! I wanted more flavor to my frosting so I added a tablespoon of limoncello liqueur, and it turned out perfect. I added the frosting to lemon cupcakes that had a raspberry filling and my coworkers (for whom I had made these for) couldn't get enough.