Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my take on a James Beard recipe. So simple and quick, very few ingredients. This is the dish that turned me into a fish lover. Trick is to have everything ready to go when you start. It's fast from start to table.
- 340.19-453.59 g tilapia fillets
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 59.16 ml butter, divided
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.14-118.29 ml flour, for dusting fish
- Chop parsley and put aside. Juice lemon and put aside.
- Melt 2 tbs. butter and the olive oil in non-stick skillet
- Lightly dust fish fillets in flour, season if desired with salt and pepper.
- When butter stops bubbling, add fish and saute 3-4 min on first side.
- Turn and finish second side 3-4 min, until done and flaky. Remove to plate and keep warm.
- Add remaining 2tbs. butter to skillet and melt.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley quickly and pour immediately over fish.
- Serve and enjoy.
I can see why this has so many excellent ratings. I use white rice flour to make it gluten free. Fresh lemon is a must and if you really enjoy lemon then I might suggest adding a little of the zest as well. This is something I know I will make again. Made for Diabetic Forum and Bounce the Ball for Summer Fun.
Bought some tilapia at a seafood market here in Florida and found this recipe to prepare it. The combination of the freshness of the fish and the silky smooth sauce that this produces was absolutely awesome! Could have used a little more seasoning, but will be an easy fix next time I make it. Thank you so much for posting this super easy and delicious recipe!
I never cooked Tilapia before last night and can't believe how easy this recipe is. It came out perfect and my better half and kids couldn't believe that I actually cooked it! I had a pound of Jumbo shrimp and cooked them the exact same way in another skillet and served the Tilapia and Shrimp with the lemon butter sauce on top. PERFECT! If you want to impress someone with a delicious seafood dinner, this is the dish! I'm going to try it with some scallops next time! Thanks again! Italianmomof2