Recipe by Peg629
This is my take on a James Beard recipe. So simple and quick, very few ingredients. This is the dish that turned me into a fish lover. Trick is to have everything ready to go when you start. It's fast from start to table.
Top Review by PaulaG
I can see why this has so many excellent ratings. I use white rice flour to make it gluten free. Fresh lemon is a must and if you really enjoy lemon then I might suggest adding a little of the zest as well. This is something I know I will make again. Made for Diabetic Forum and Bounce the Ball for Summer Fun.
- 12 -16 ounces tilapia fillets
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup flour, for dusting fish
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop parsley and put aside. Juice lemon and put aside.
- Melt 2 tbs. butter and the olive oil in non-stick skillet
- Lightly dust fish fillets in flour, season if desired with salt and pepper.
- When butter stops bubbling, add fish and saute 3-4 min on first side.
- Turn and finish second side 3-4 min, until done and flaky. Remove to plate and keep warm.
- Add remaining 2tbs. butter to skillet and melt.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley quickly and pour immediately over fish.
- Serve and enjoy.