Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Buttery lemon bars from the Land O Lakes cookie collection.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling optional
- For crust, combine 1 1/3 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup butter. Beat at low speed, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Press on bottom of ungreased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For filling, combine 3/4 cup sugar, eggs, 2 tbsps. flour, baking powder and lemon juice. Beat at low speed 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour over hot crust.
- Continue baking for 18 to 20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; cool.
- Cut into bars.