Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend who would burn water if she tried to cook. :) She took a cooking class, and this is one of the dishes they made. Very easy, and VERY good! (Albeit a bit fattening)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 88.74 ml Dijon mustard
- 236.59 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml butter (do not substitute anything else for this...it must be butter for the dish to turn out)
- 14.79 ml lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 4.92 ml salt
- black pepper
- 340.19-453.59 g fettuccine, cooked (or other pasta of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush Dijon mustard liberally on both sides of chicken and coat in bread crumbs.
- Place in 13 X 9 baking dish.
- In small sauce pan, melt butter over low heat and stir in lemon juice, finely grated lemon rind, salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken breasts in pan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, basting with pan drippings every 15 minutes.
- Fifteen minutes before chicken is done, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and keep warm.
- When chicken is done, transfer breasts to platter and scrape the lemon butter sauce and crunchy browned butter bits from the pan and toss with the cooked, drained pasta.
They never tell you how chicken broth to use.
Great recipe. Glad I tried it. Followed it to a tee and the family loved it. Thanks for sharing
I was a little nervous AFTER I noticed only one review, at that point I had already started making it. But no worries, this truly is deserving of five stars- It really came out wonderful, it tasted like I didn't make it, like a really good cook did!<br/><br/>Thanks for sharing this! If you're considering it- it's too easy not to try it :)