These bar cookies have a lemony cheesecake flavor and a kick of white chocolate. Fast and easy to make due to the cake mix. Tried and true recipe brings raves. These turn out a fabulous 2-layer lemon bar and are so easy to make. I also varied the recipe and used a devil's food cake mix for a brownie variation. Feel free to use other flavors to suit your own tastes. (Posted here from about.com for safekeeping!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- 2Combine cake mix, 1 egg, and butter with a large spatula or wooden spoon. This will give your arm a workout, but if you keep folding it over and pressing to mix, it will eventually come together into a dough that resembles children's play-dough.
- 3Using your fingers, press dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the white chocolate chips and gently press a bit into the dough so they do not roll around.
- 4In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 eggs for 30 seconds. Stir in sugar just until combined, then beat on medium speed for 3 minutes until smooth.
- 5Spoon the cream cheese mixture evenly over the bottom layer. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- 6Bake 30 to 35 minutes, until center is set. Remove from oven and let cool on rack to room temperature. Slice cookie bars into squares to serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Butter Chews Bars
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.8
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 441.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 47.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g