1/4 Photos of Lemon-Butter Broccoli Spears
Mimi in Maine's Note:
This is fantastic and easy. It is an elegant veggie, but if you are doing WW, this is 1-point for 1-cup according to the Weight Watchers Cookbook. Yum! You may also toss the broccoli with a tad of Parmesan cheese or a little minced garlic. If you want a quick alternative, use frozen broccoli spears (see note below).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the broccoli into spears discarding the thick end.
- 2Steam or cook the broccoli till tender; remove.
- 3Melt the butter in a large non-stick fry pan over med-high heat.
- 4When butter foams, add the lemon juice and cook for 30 seconds.
- 5Add the broccoli, lemon zest, salt, and pepper; cook tossing for 1-2 minutes till broccoli is well-coated.
- 6NOTE: For a quick method, use 2 (10-ounce) boxes for frozen broccoli cooked according to directions on box; then follow the above recipe.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Butter Broccoli Spears
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 341.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g