Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is fantastic and easy. It is an elegant veggie, but if you are doing WW, this is 1-point for 1-cup according to the Weight Watchers Cookbook. Yum! You may also toss the broccoli with a tad of Parmesan cheese or a little minced garlic. If you want a quick alternative, use frozen broccoli spears (see note below).
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
So easy to make and has such a light/fresh flavor. I steamed my broccoli for 7 minutes and then cooked as written. Usually I am not a big fan of the lemon and broccoli (and no other flavors mixed in) but this was great; the lemon did not overpower. Made for Best of 2012 Cookbook Tag.
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 5 teaspoons unsalted butter (I use regular butter and omit the salt)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the broccoli into spears discarding the thick end.
- Steam or cook the broccoli till tender; remove.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick fry pan over med-high heat.
- When butter foams, add the lemon juice and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli, lemon zest, salt, and pepper; cook tossing for 1-2 minutes till broccoli is well-coated.
- NOTE: For a quick method, use 2 (10-ounce) boxes for frozen broccoli cooked according to directions on box; then follow the above recipe.