Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A delicious seafood appetizer perfect for entertaining- or makes a lovely romatic main course.
- 12 large scallops
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Set your oven to broil.
- Cut bacon slices in half and pre-cook until partially done; about 3-4 minutes in the microwave.
- Rinse scallops in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix melted butter, sugar and lemon juice.
- Dip each scallop into the lemon butter and then wrap with a bacon slice; secure with a toothpick if desired.
- Broil on the top rack for about 4 minutes each side, until the scallops turn opaque throughout.
Yummo-- just look at the ingredients!! I was short on time, so did not dip the scallops in the butter. Just wrapped the scallops and put the butter, sugar, lemon juice over the whole thing and put in the oven (broil setting) for about 5 minutes each side. Served as an appetizer at a dinner party.
Had a few of this and that, including 6 nice, BIG, frozen scallops. Since we really LOVE the taste of the food--only enhanced, not disguised, by sauces and "stuff" -- this was really delicious !! Scallops, bacon, butter, and a little lemon juice were MEANT for each other. Thanks, 4Susan -- I will be preparing this frequently for meals, as well as appitizers. Janey