Recipe by Chrissyo
A nice butter to spread between a sponge cake, for tartlets or to put on your toast for breakfast. It is a great home made gift for Christmas.
Top Review by Tuffykenwell
Every bit as good as my grandma's recipe (actually I think her recipe was identical!) Truly delicious and sooo good slathered on toast (also good on pancakes!) Thanks so much for posting this one!
Directions See How It's Made
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs until light then add the sugar.
- Place in a saucepan with the butter and grated rind of 2 lemons.
- Add the juice from the 6 lemons to the egg mixture.
- Cook over a low heat until thick.
- Keeps in the fridge for a few weeks.