Recipe by andypandy
This is a very nice lemon filling for tarts, eclairs, cookies, and toast or tea biscuits.
Top Review by Vseward (Chef~V)
I made this the other day, put it in the fridge and forgot about it :) Then while at the store I came across some prepared tarts and couldn't wait to get home to try this Butter with. *Wonderful* I will be making this again. The taste was so creamy, would make a great eclair filling. Now there's an idea.... thanks for sharing. ~V
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 lb melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 whole eggs, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rind, juice, butter and sugar in a saucepan over med.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Add part of the hot mixture to the eggs, to temper.
- whisking well.
- Add egg mixture back into pan and cook stirring constantly until thick.
- Place in two jars-- when cool-- Seal and refrigerate.