Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 egg yolks (save the whites for another cake recipe)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat egg yolks in separate bowl until light and lemon colored.
- Blend into creamed mixture. Sift the dry ingredients well.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with the milk blending well.
- Stir and blend in vanilla, lemon rind and lemon extract. Place batter in a well greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven about 1 hour or until tested done. Cool in pan 15 minutes and carefully remove. Glaze if desired with a lemon glaze made from powdered sugar and lemon juice.
This was so good! I made this for our homeschool gym night and the kids went up for seconds. I put lemon extract in instead of hte fresh lemon juice but won't make that mistake next time. It didn't have enough lemon flavor with my changes. That said, again, this was so good! Even the texture was PERFECT!
What a great lemon flavor this cake had. Very moist. It was very moist. I made a lemon glaze to put on this and it was very thick but still was good on this cake. I will be making this cake again.
We enjoyed this cake a lot. It smells wonderful while cooking! I found it to be a bit crumbly the day I made it, but firmed up nicely on day 2. I think this would be good with strawberries! Made for My 3 Chefs, 2007.