Top Review by mandikaake
This was so good! I made this for our homeschool gym night and the kids went up for seconds. I put lemon extract in instead of hte fresh lemon juice but won't make that mistake next time. It didn't have enough lemon flavor with my changes. That said, again, this was so good! Even the texture was PERFECT!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 egg yolks (save the whites for another cake recipe)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat egg yolks in separate bowl until light and lemon colored.
- Blend into creamed mixture. Sift the dry ingredients well.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with the milk blending well.
- Stir and blend in vanilla, lemon rind and lemon extract. Place batter in a well greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven about 1 hour or until tested done. Cool in pan 15 minutes and carefully remove. Glaze if desired with a lemon glaze made from powdered sugar and lemon juice.