Recipe by Vittoria2008
Light and fresh...no one will ever know its vegan! This recipe comes from Compassionate Cooks.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 lemons, zest of, minced
- 2 tablespoons powdered egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup light soymilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fructose
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Into a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and soda. Then stir in the salt and lemon zest until well combined.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the egg replacement powder and water and blend well for about 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, oil, soy milk, lemon and vanilla extracts, and blend again.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and pulls away from the edges of the pan. Let cool completely.
- Glaze (If desired).
- In a small saucepan combine the fructose and the lemon juice. Place the saucepan over a medium high heat. Cook until the mixture comes to simmer, allow to turn a light brown, then remove from heat.