Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by a dear lady in my quilt guild. I liked it because it was super moist.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Beat cake mix, lemon pudding, eggs, oil and water.
- Place in sprayed bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar, butter, 1 tablespoon water and lemon juice.
- Heat in sauce pan and pour over HOT cake.
I LOVE this cake! I think it's my new favorite. I followed the recipe exactly and it was terrific. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. :)
I always thought you used some lemon juice in the glaze that went over the cake, but the recipes I've seen for this, I didn't notice adding extra lemon juice to the cake part. Still amazingly moist and refreshing for s summer treat. Try with lemon sorbet or sherbet, too.
Looked beautiful out of my decorated bundt pan. Sliced up nice too. Everyone seemed to really like it. Very moist. I thought it tasted sour. I added two tablespoons lemon juice for some of the water and a little zest. Maybe that is why?