Recipe by cuisinebymae
This is incredibly moist. Sweet and tart. Very lemony. This can be sprinkled with additional icing sugar when cool, if desired.
Top Review by abbilyn
These were just a little too sweet for my personal preference. I halved the icing and still only used half of that. Next time I will skip the icing completely. I wish I could figure out a way to make these a little bit more cake-like...but still a brownie. Any suggestions? I will definately make these again...but I'm going to play with it a little bit. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks! UPDATE: I made these again today with a few variations...First I added about 2 Tbls. of flour and 2 Tbls. water to the mixture, and skipped the glaze altogher. They turned out PERFECT! I baked them the full 30 minutes...and they were just pure lemon bliss! Thanks again!
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour a 13" X 9" pan.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Beat together the dry cake mix, dry Jello powder, oil, and eggs.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325F for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven.
- Immediately punch lots of holes all over the cake with a toothpick.
- Combine icing sugar and lemon juice with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Spoon all over the cake.
- Cool and cut into squares.