Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have a favorite Zesty Lemon Broccoli recipe from childhood & was in the mood for Pasta salad with tuna -- using a similar pasta recipe which incorporates shrimp and asparagus -- the following is the result, which turned out very good indeed!
- 4 ounces 100% duram semolina medium pasta shells
- 1 -2 ounce broccoli floret, cooked drained, and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup caesar salad dressing, creamy Store Bought
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) canprime fillet albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- Boil Broccoli Florets in small amount of boiling water that has been salted for approximately 10-15 minutes, covered. Rinse cooked broccoli under cold running water in sieve to drain fully, and set aside once florets are completely cooled. Next, cook pasta as directed on package (al dente is 10-12 minutes). Once pasta is cooked al dente style, remove from heat, and drain – cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix Caesar dressing, sour cream, olive oil, lemon zest & juice. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste and mix well.
- Place cooled pasta in medium size mixing bowl, add dressing mixture, tuna (fork flake to smaller chunks), broccoli florets, cheese, and cherry tomatoes; mix lightly to incorporate dressing mixture throughout, but not to brake down tuna chunks, florets further. Serve immediately or, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Followed the recipe exactly and we really enjoyed it. Will make again. Made for Fall PAC 2007.