Prep 7 mins
Cook 7 mins
A simple and flavorful veggie side dish...
- 2 cups fresh halved broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper (julienned)
- 1⁄2 small yellow bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Place broccoli on bottom of glass casserole dish.
- Add water, cover, and heat in microwave for 4 minutes on high.
- Remove broccoli from microwave, add bell peppers, and sauté in butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle on lemon juice and white pepper.
- Mix thoroughly, and sauté for 1 more minute Remove from heat.
Yummy! I used yellow, red and orange peppers that I had in the fridge and this was a perfect way to use them up. Loved the addition of the white pepper. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
Nice side dish! This was simple and tasted good. I only had red and green peppers but I think the yellow would sure make this more colorful. Thanks IOjaw for sharing your recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.