Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Phase 1 Low-Carb Recipes. Better Homes and Gardens. Page 362. 2 Carbs
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place a steamer basket in a saucepan.
- Add water to just below the bottom of the basket.
- Bring water to boiling.
- Add broccoli to steamer basket.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Drizzle over hot broccoli.
- Toss to coat.
Easy and great tasting recipe. I will make this again. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game
It was good, but for us I think it was a bit too much. The kids thought it was overpowering. I couldn't really taste the garlic. It was so simple and fresh tasting though.