1 hr 20 mins
Johnny Cash was my husband's cousin and I was lucky enough to obtain a cookbook of Johnny's mother's recipes titled, "Favorite Recipes From Mama Cash's Kitchen." I've been asked to post some of the recipes from the book and this is one of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place butter and sugar in bowl; beat with electric mixer until creamy.
- 2Add lemon rind, then eggs (one at a time), beating hard after each addition.
- 3Stir in lemon juice.
- 4Sift about 1/3 of the flour into the lemon mixture and beat well.
- 5Add remaining flour and beat well.
- 6Pour into greased, floured pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- 7Turn out to cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Bread (Johnny Cash's Mother's Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2288.3
- Calories from Fat 940
- Total Fat 104.4 g
- Saturated Fat 61.7 g
- Cholesterol 667.0 mg
- Sodium 799.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 302.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 104.3 g
- Protein 39.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of