Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Johnny Cash was my husband's cousin and I was lucky enough to obtain a cookbook of Johnny's mother's recipes titled, "Favorite Recipes From Mama Cash's Kitchen." I've been asked to post some of the recipes from the book and this is one of them.
- Place butter and sugar in bowl; beat with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add lemon rind, then eggs (one at a time), beating hard after each addition.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Sift about 1/3 of the flour into the lemon mixture and beat well.
- Add remaining flour and beat well.
- Pour into greased, floured pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Turn out to cool.